miércoles, 17 de julio de 2013

Carnival 2013


Sorry I'm so late reporting on this year's carnival, but my sciatic nerve was bothering me a bit in the beginning, and by the end, I was practically bed-ridden. Guess it might have helped if I hadn't started off the first evening by walking into the village (about 3 miles). I DID get there in time to catch the lineup for the kiddy parade.



The "carrot" is one of my grandkids, the "strawberry" belongs to the lady in white, and we share the "pea". As you can see, the pea got tired of standing around and waiting.



Thursday night was the traditional parade with apparatus and firefighters from all over the state.



This year, in honor of the two we lost on Christmas Eve, we had many more join us. (Normally, there are about 90 pieces of apparatus, this year we had 120.) I apologize for the next picture...but it is a miracle I got even that. The parade started with the two riderless horses...and I was tearing up so bad I just pointed the cam the best I could. Yes...I realize I have a pic of two horse butts...but at least you can get the idea.


Friday and Saturday nights were bands playing in the beer tent, but I missed them both this year. I have been promised an assistant for next year, so I'm hoping I'll have more time to stroll around and enjoy the rest of the carnival. By Saturday night, I could hardly walk, stand or even sit, so I was glad to see the fireworks signaling the end of another year.








via Funny Forums by Jokeroo http://board.jokeroo.com/showthread.php?t=157920&goto=newpost

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario